Thursday, March 27, 2008

Lousy post.

I never knew Boulevard of Broken Dreams sounded so good acoustic.

Without vocals.

This colleague of my dad's seems to be on some illegal downloading spree and passing free copies of guitar solos to everyone who would care. This particular disc my dad brought home from work today contains the aforementioned song, Speed of Sound by Coldplay, With Or Without You by U2, and Vertigo (so my dad says, I've only heard three songs so far).

Some of the pieces I don't recognise though. Hmm.

Acoustic versions of songs almost always sound good, except, in my opinion, when they're performed by Chris Daughtry. 

I often find myself asking myself, "What has the world come to?"

My dad's started watching Korean drama on RTB, my mum's watching Wu Zhun's new series, and my grandmother's watching American Idol. 

Note to self: Refrain from watching television in vicinity of family members.

A week into the holidays, and so far, I haven't accomplished much, apart from finish reading the whole Series of Unfortunate Events, The Beatrice Letters, and Lemony Snicket's Unauthorized Autobiography, and attempt to finish my homework, reading on WW1, and that jar of cookies on the dining table. 
The last task has been particularly difficult, for reasons I cannot disclose in this here blog post.

One thing that breaks my heart as I search The Sims 2 exchange for good stories to read, and that is whenever I see the works of a particular writer who writes Confessions of An Obsessed Fan and How To Marry A Superstar, because in the middle of the latter story, she decided to stop. And in doing that, she gave a very brief ending to years of work. 
I had hoped for a better conclusion, but it wasn't bad at all.

But life must go on. 

The world is quiet here.

No comments: