Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Where was I? Oh. Plan Seventeen.

Our Commerce presentation is already in the recycling bins. 

It was like, crap, yo. So much for developing a sense of humour overnight. Guess we shouldn't have such high expectations. At least...she said, "Good try."

We rushed to the bus during lunch. Nobody wants to get left behind and wait an extra half-hour or so for transport to get home. I forgot to mention that yesterday, a certain someone didn't listen to me when I told her our bus was leaving and continued talking with Melvin about her boyfriend. I yelled across the front of the Audi, "You asshole!!"
Today we learnt not to argue with our neighbours. Food for thought.

We had a power cut last night. Just our simpang. I was at the point of grabbing my toothbrush, when the room went dark. "Okay, what the...?"
I received a message from Neko. "Bro, you guys blackout?"
Yes. No electric current meant no water supply, so I gave up on the whole brush-your-teeth-before-you-go-to-bed thing.
We were saying in the bus on the way home how we didn't sleep last night. Nazirul and I agreed the power supply came back on again at around one in the morning. I woke up to the sound of our air conditioners starting their soothing humming again.
Due to my slight OCD, I then got out of bed and brushed my teeth.

Ash and Emily's blog's got the song "Umbrella" by Vanilla Sky. I was wondering if they'd ever seen the video before. It's gay. 
"How gay," Ash asked me last night.
"Very gay," I replied. "It's got men in tutus and skimpy dresses and splashing buckets of water over themselves while dancing."

Another Day In Paradise - Phil Collins

She calls out to the man on the street
"Sir, can you help me?
It's cold and I've nowhere to sleep,
Is there somewhere you can tell me?"

He walks on, doesn't look back
He pretends he can't hear her
Starts to whistle as he crosses the street
Seems embarrassed to be there

Oh think twice, it's another day for
You and me in paradise
Oh think twice, it's just another day for you,
You and me in paradise

She calls out to the man on the street
He can see she's been crying
She's got blisters on the soles of her feet
Can't walk but she's trying

Oh think twice...

Oh lord, is there nothing more anybody can do
Oh lord, there must be something you can say

You can tell from the lines on her face
You can see that she's been there
Probably been moved on from every place
'Cos she didn't fit in there

Oh think twice...

It took me while to realise where the lyrics of the song were going. What we live in now is paradise compared to what less fortunate people have. 

Why is it so hard not to sound preachy?

No comments: