Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Where did I go wrong..?

I like the date today. 12-3-08.

One two three. Khairul's birthday. As a present (I think), Baoxin taught him how to say, "Ni yao ken wo yi chi sui ma?"
Roughly translated, it means "Do you want to sleep with me?"
He knows the meaning though, 'cause when Steph asked him to ask Fazrul, he said, "Hey! I'm not gay..!" 
Yeah, we're wack.

Neko threw her pencil case at me during break. All because I said, "Your boyfriend's gay. Amin's gay! Al-Amin's gay..! No wait. He's bi."
Fortunately, I was on the other side of the window. It hit the glass with a loud "whack!" and all the occupants of our class were silenced momentarily by the noise. I didn't budge though, and continued with my accusing of her boyfriend's sexuality. 
We all know he's not gay (or do we?), but she just gets so worked up about it. Hah. 

'Cher Sofy called us over to her desk this morning. Wait for it...wait for it...flashback!!

11-3-08. Registration time.

"Girls, come here please." 
We saunter over, wondering what on earth she would want with us at this hour of the day. 
"I asked the other teachers, they said you could change back to your old sports houses."
We look at each other. Say what?
"So do you want to go back to your old houses, or stay where you are now? I think it would be better for you to stay in your new houses then go back next year, 'cause for cross-country you already ran for that house, then...*blah blah* So do you all agree?"
We nod. Dismissed.

12-3-08. Registration time.

"Yawin (she can't say my name right), Syazwana, come here."
Oh great, we think. What now?
"I spoke to the teachers again, and they said, no, you must go back to your old houses. So what were your old houses?"
Riiiight. I haven't paid for Laksa. Neither did I sign up for anything. So I'm heading back to Hulu. Such a jumble. They should ban typos (I'm dreaming too much here).


I got home from extra Science class and saw this particular headline. Let's play 'spot-the-English-mistake-we-learnt-to-correct-in-Primary-Two'. 











While I was at it, taking pictures, meet my red bean. 
With much difficulty, I wrestled with my poor hand-eye coordination to line the inside of my "half-bottle" with filter paper. To my dismay, I discovered we had to stuff newspaper in it later. It's not easy, you know. Need the right amount and all, not so squeeze too much, and not drown your seed. I was one of the last to actually get it right.
I didn't name it though.


Fazrul named his "Fazrul junior". Hahah.
Khalaaq wrote "Khalaaq and the beanstalk" on his bottle.
I doubt that titchy little seedling will do much to carry him up above the clouds though. 

No comments: