Saturday, March 22, 2008

These words go together well.

I crouch in a corner in the dark, hoping my heavily beating heart would stop. Well, to stop beating so heavily. 

I pull my blanket higher above my head pray silently for the evil fiend pursuing me to just wither up and die. 
As unfortunate as I was last night, a passing group of extra-terrestrials decided to zap some life into my plant. I had watched in horror as the beanstalk wriggled slightly.
It stretches its roots in a deadly manner, searching for a source of intelligence to feed upon. My alien plant senses my presence and approaches me, roots -maybe we can call them tentacles- waving. I hold my breath as if that was going to help. It didn't. 
Alien-plant wriggles closer...and closer...and closer...then...it stops in its tracks. You must have thought it had reached me by now, but plants move at an agonisingly slow rate, just so you know.
But what stopped it? My television. Alien-plant turns (I think, it doesn't have a face) towards it and attempts to find an opening with its tentacle/roots. I breathe out in relief when I see it find an opening. 
"Take the television," I urge it with my mind. "Take the television. It doesn't matter. I just want to live a bit longer. You know, so I can watch more F1 or something."
The alien-plant reaches in tentatively. 
ZAP!
The smell of fried vegetables reaches my nose. Alien-plant has been electrocuted.
There are two things we can learn from this experience of mine. One, never, ever, sleep in the same room with rapidly-growing bean seedlings. Two, televisions are a source of intelligence. 

Cars, speed, racing. Ah. Yesterday I accompanied my dad to the "unveiling" of the STi version of the new Subaru Impreza hatchback. I have pics, but they have awful quality, so I'm not going to torture you with that. I watched some footage of Petter Solberg drive it and say, "Tis car, 'tis very good. Very uh...sporty." He drives Subaru for the World Rally Championship.
More cars, speed and racing. Raikkonen, as we all know, drives Ferrari for the Formula One championship. And he just landed himself second position on the grid. Behind no other than last year's pole position-er, Felipe Massa of Ferrari. Awesome. 

Tomorrow's race will be even more awesome if it would rain and Hamilton would make a big big mistake. Heheh. And Ferrari win. Thank you. But I shouldn't speak to soon, so I take that back.

I've got a badminton match waiting for me downstairs, because my mother thinks I should stop sucking so much with this kind of sport.

Forza Ferrari.

No comments: