Saturday, March 15, 2008

Support Ferrari! (that was an order)

I'm going to get really fat if I don't start doing anything soon. (Exercising, I mean.)

Training stops for now until April the fourth. Until then, I'll be sitting on the sofa or this (whatever you call it) chair-with-wheels-which-people-sit-on-in-offices-to-look-important-and-have-fun-with-when-nobody's-looking and watch television or do what I'm doing now. Typing whatever comes to my mind and posting it on the internet much to my amusement and the mortification of the public. 

But I digress. 
I munched away continuously on junk food while watching the repeat of the F1 '08 Aussie qualifying this evening, and to my horror, Kimi Raikkonen's car, the Ferrari of the current world champion, slowed down to a pace where even my grandmother's Honda could've overtaken it. With my grandmother behind the wheel. 

I guess sixteenth place wouldn't have been that bad, with Alonso in twelfth and Massa in fourth. But for Lewis Hamilton to be in pole position just makes me feel as if someone had come up to and informed me that pizza was banned forever. 

.....Well, maybe not that bad.

This morning's announcement was a tad different. A "Can all students and teachers please proceed to the Auditorium now," from the loathed PA (public address) system triggered an impulse for a fraction of us lining up to use a nail-cutter Sil Suan so thoughtfully brings every day. Isn't it strange how everyone doesn't cut their nails until spot-check time?
I didn't get to use it though, but it didn't matter anyway. The bottles of water, people reading verses from the Quran and non-Muslims being ushered to the back of the Audi all pointed to one thing: Theft in the school.

I have a dim memory of the same thing happening some two years ago, if I'm not mistaken. Those who drink the water are supposed to feel "insaf-ed" later. Neko started telling everyone that I was starting to feel insaf over things I myself am not clear of. 
"I'm insaf of what?" I ask.
"Ia insaf, kan bang? Pasal apa ah?" She turns to Fazrul.
"Yea," he replies. "Insaf ia tu. Pasal atu bah, kan?"
"Awu. Sama si atu..."

What?

I itch all over right now. 

By the way, CONGRATULATIONS TO THE MS CHOIR FOR WINNING. Again.
And to Caroline (whose photo is in the newspaper. It's happened to me before, and before, and personally, I really don't like it), for being the pianist. Mr Meer too, I guess. XD
I lag so much. Should've known by Thursday.  


May the best driver win. 
Whom I hope is Kimi.

Forza Scuderia Ferrari.

No comments: