Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Faulty measuring equipment.

I just finished the bag of unfinished (obviously) Famous Amos cookies on my desk. Yum.

After Bio, we had break time. Then my classmates (Angela and Pari) told me that I had to take a Humanities subject out of Fine Arts, Music and English Literature. 

Guess which one I chose?

I decided to give Music a try, so Insan and I went to Music Studio 1 to check it out. I actually liked it, to be honest. The module is about music appreciation, with all the musical history and development, how to listen for the right things and what to expect from pieces from different eras. Now I've got seventy-seven pages of Music: An Appreciation by an old guy called Roger Kamien to read, in addition to my unfinished elemental sudoku and thick Bio book to read on Reproduction. 

Somehow my BM teacher (the only Muslim teacher in the whole of school) hasn't sent me the karangan topics yet... Hm.

The Math here is very different than in Brunei. My head hurts just thinking about it. Math was never my favourite subject (as you all probably know by now) and now I still can't come to terms with it. All the numbers make my head hurt. 

But yes, I know more formulae than they do. 'Cause I'm older and they make us memorise all the formulae in Brunei for PMB. 

I'm tired and in need of a shower. PE was the last class of the day after Math. Our PE teacher measured our heights and weights with faulty equipment and then we jogged two rounds around the track. 

After that I walked back to the hostel (which was right behind/in front of/next to) the track.


Oh, I almost forgot about yesterday. We had a boarding bonding session last night at 8.30 p.m (so NUS High students could go online to register for their modules [sorta like option subjects]). It was pretty dull and hectic at the same time. Why? Simply because the first thing we did was listen to a briefing on discipline and laundry and we were all tired (especially the Year Ones and Year Threes who had to attend day-long orientation).

After we tried to sit on each other in a big circle (I think it's a community bonding thing, the weirdest thing I've ever done in my whole entire life), we were let out of the hall.

And just when we thought we could get a teensy bit of rest before school, there was a cluster meeting at 10.45 p.m. I could've died of exhaustion. But I made it anyway, fortunately.

So for now, I bid thee, farewell.

No comments: