Sunday, January 04, 2009

Ironing 101

School starts tomorrow for the peeps in Brunei. 

Lucky them. But actually, starting school on a Monday isn't that good either. I mean, you guys have to go to school for the next three days after starting, which means waking up early for four days in a row. 

We started school on the second of January, and we get weekends off to do other stuff like buy LAN cables and visit Toys R Us. 

I did my laundry today. Used the washing machines and stuff. Which reminds me, I left my shared bottle of Breeze (with Wardah) in the laundry room. Better go get it before anyone uses it...

Back. Before I start to digress, I've realised that maybe ironing isn't so bad after all. My number one rule is "don't get burnt", and my number two rule is "as long as I don't look like a hobo, that's all right". 

Great, innit? My attempts at ironing are fruitless, meaning my clothes are as wrinkled (probably only a tad less) than when I first took them out of the dryer. Perhaps the only things I really bother to iron properly are my school uniform (of which I may upload a picture or two in the coming week). 
It's like my formal school shirt is telling me in a terribly rude mocking tone, "Na na na na na! You can't straighten me out, ha HA!".
My skort also probably says in clothing language, "Your attempts at making me look decent are futile. Muahahah HA HA!"

Yeah, I'm pretty hopeless. Now I really, truly appreciate my maid back home. How does she do all this stuff?

I met my cousin at Paragon after finding out that Toys R Us doesn't sell yo-yos anymore. Major disappointment for Insan. 
Anyway, Insan then went back to the hostel and I had loads of cake. Yum. Chocolate cake and soufflés. 

After dinner (mash potatoes with chicken and salad, delicious for once) with Jung-min, Insan and another Korean guy (who lives next door to the guys) called Chang-yun (sp???) we went down to the track despite fears of appendicitis. We did some football/jogging/martial arts demo and now I'm back here in my room, trying out the new LAN cable they guys gave me. Thanks guys.

Now I don't have to put up with the terrible wireless anymore. =) Cool.

Au revoir.

No comments: