Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Life is a gamble.

It's my brother's birthday today.

And I'm missing it. Which basically means two things. One, I don't get to have birthday cake (which is probably what birthdays in Brunei are all about), and two, I don't need to get him a present this year.

Anyway, if anyone wondered, I didn't post yesterday because there really wasn't much to talk about and my brain kinda died after doing our Math assignment.
Stayed in school for eight hours for only one hour of class, which was Math (which ended at nine). No English 'cause no teacher, and PE got cancelled 'cause of the rain. I love rain.


ACE today. It's saddening how many of us aren't even able to spare a few minutes to talk to our parents. A simple "Hey, what's up?" is good, too (I do that to my dad, and he's all "What's up? I don't know. What is up?" back at me).

Parents are people too. They were probably cooler, more popular and smarter than we were when they were our age (though I kinda doubt it, no offense).

I think if I have kids, I'd want them to remember how awesome I was *cough cough* when I was younger. I wouldn't want everything I do now to be forgotten forever, 'cause when people die, their memories die with them.

I love it when my grandmother tells me stories of her childhood, 'cause they're actually quite entertaining, and you can tell it makes her happy. Brings back memories. It'd be an awful shame if everything were lost just like that.
Who else would ever bother to remember stories of her and her grandparents, or know about the time she dug up a skull in her backyard?

Okay, change of subject.

Cikgu didn't come today, so we wasted all our time hanging around the netball court. Attempted to busk with Isaac's guitar, but failed terribly.
One day I'm going to see if you really can earn money by street busking.

Got our Math test back. Was definitely much better than test 1. Managed to pass.

All right, gotta go and do that Physics assignment/comprehension thing now.

Adieu.

P.S. I wanted to do a postscript, but I couldn't think of anything to write so- oh wait. Never mind.

No comments: