Thursday, October 01, 2009

Alonso-Massa?

Okay, right before my regular post, I'll do the promised F1-related one.

So. Yeah. About F1.

I guess what everyone's been talking about is Alonso's move to Ferrari, which, to be honest, didn't really come as a huge surprise to me. People have been talking about Alonso-Ferrari ties for seasons, but it still feels really weird to have it come true.

Been holding on to that little bit of hope that there's a chance he'll never end up with them, but you know, you see the words "Alonso signs contract with Ferrari" and it completely disappears. 

Some people say it'll be a good thing, actually. Him being all competitive as a talented driver in one of the best teams there is. 

So after thinking about it for a long, long time, I've finally decided that maybe some change will bring good to Ferrari. Or maybe not. We'll see. 

As for the person he's replacing, though, I'll always support him. I mean, I've been supporting this guy ever since I remember watching F1 (around eight or nine, I think), back in the days when I thought Michael Schumacher was the awesomest driver to no end.

Kimi's always been the coolest guy on track. I don't see how it's going to change when he moves back to McLaren. Though I seriously do not want to see him pair up with Hamilton. 

But who knows? Maybe the Iceman will kick some Lewis ass. Now that would be sweet. 

If McLaren put Kimi in a crappy car like they treated poor Heikki, I'll personally fly over to their headquarters and 'cause a riot or something.

Next year's lineup is yet to be confirmed, but I'm seriously glad Massa's staying on in Ferrari. 

Good thing the dude's making a fast recovery.

Anyway, Stel, for your viewing pleasure, our view of the track from Rania's mum's office building. For free.

And yeah, I was that close to the cars. Freakin' awesome.

Okay, I've got to go and write the regular post now. 

Forza Ferrari.

No comments: