Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Flying potatoes.

It's pretty late, but I've got this sense of accomplishment, 'cause I'm done (99%) with the English advertisement thing on promoting good English speaking.

Thought I'd take forever, 'cause it took me ages (the entire study time, actually) to finish off the draft and less than half of the final one.

Speaking of English, we think the entire Year 3 cohort didn't have English lessons today 'cause our teachers didn't come.

Which means we (the 05 people who take Malay) only had Math today (ACE doesn't count) 'cause we our Mother Tongue on Wednesdays got rescheduled to Thursdays. Cool.

Was supposed to do the usual "sexuality" lecture thing during ACE, but apparently 'cause quite a few people signed up for the depression and anxiety talk thing, it got postponed.

Instead did something on appreciating the things your family does for you. To be honest with you, I found it quite meaningful (yeah, like seriously). Have a sudden craving for my grandmother's cooking now. Tsk.

Math just isn't entertaining anymore. At least I have an idea of what Mr Chia was talking about (I hope).

Was epic nerdy and talked about Pokémon and MouseHunt (no surprises there, we're MH addicts). Ahmad installed Pokémon Gold into his GC, which was pretty awesome. Ah, the good old days of Pokémon.

Thought I was the only one with problems updating my Sims 3 game, but apparently Insan has the same problem too. Interesting. I suspect it's the internet connection.

Talked crap for two hours, went back to class for English (that didn't happen, so we basically transitioned from non-existent Malay class to non-existent English class). Brainstormed with Insan, Stanley and Verena, but didn't really get anywhere. Ended up reminiscing the good old days of good old cartoons.

I feel old now.

Kids nowadays don't know what they're missing out on. I miss watching Popeye, classic Mickey Mouse, the Winnie the Pooh of the old days, Tom & Jerry with no dialogue and just the brilliant soundtrack for company, the extreme surreality of Cow and Chicken, I Am Weasel and everything else that was awesome back then.

Freaking marketing.

Better go now.

Night.


P.S. Laughed Milo up my nose again. Talk about fail.

P.P.S. Magikarp hyperbeam FTW.

No comments: