Saturday, April 17, 2010

Open House '10.

If we could get refunds for weekends, I'd like one please.

But then again, perhaps I'd rather not.

Yeah sure, I might feel as if I've wasted my Saturday being at school and totally not going to Shangri-La for that cluster outing or not doing homework or anything like that, but I think it'd be a horrible idea to ask for a refund.

After all, every little thing and every event plays a role in your life, no matter how small or trivial or unproductive.

So no, no regrets actually. There's still karma, and believe me, good karma is one of the best things in the world. That tiny sense of satisfaction is pretty awesome too.


Got to school pretty early this morning (for a Saturday, normal school time is too early for comfort). Hung around Chem lab 3 with Aisyah, Samantha and Si Min and the other SLs who got sabotaged (okay, maybe I shouldn't phrase it that way; it was more of an obligation, and we're nice people) into giving the school tours. Managed to read a few chapters into 'Dawn of the Dreadfuls'. It makes me sad to think that Mr Darcy isn't in this book. My favourite part of 'Pride and Prejudice' (and 'Price and Prejudice and Zombies') was definitely Mr Darcy.

Anyway, parents started filing in, so we started touring. Did my first round with Sam (was utterly clueless, so extremely thankful for her sixth floor knowledgeableness). Spent ages, 'cause the dry lab stop was extremely interesting (they omitted the dry lab from the tour afterwards, 'cause of congestion).

Did one round alone, and another four with Aisyah (personally I think we did a great job).

We're currently so familiar with the sixth floor, it's disgusting. I don't want to find myself walking to Malay and thinking, "That's the Clean Energy Lab, set up in conjunction with so-and-so in order to blah blah as you can see from the yadda yadda...". Not cool, man.


I think one thing that kinda sucked was that I couldn't sound the horn while giving tours. Bumped into Yos and he was like, "While you're here being sabo-ed Insan's at home sounding the horn." There is no way I'm losing out to Insan. No way.

Oh, and if I lose, not only do I have to eat magic masala but I have to pay Yos 100k as well ('cause he lent Insan money for his obelisk).


Listening to Muse now. I love Muse.

Malay project calls to me.

Adieu.


P.S. I hope we get an extension for our Math assignment. I am completely clueless.

No comments: