Thursday, November 27, 2008

Medical check?

Baby Alyssa. She's got these really huge eyes, but whenever I visit she's sleeping. Newborns always look a bit funny to me, but they get cuter after a few days.

I have the hiccups. 

My day went like this:

- Dropped off my brother at his playschool for their end of year costume party.

- Went to RIPAS. Underground parking must be creepy at night. 

- Waited for some woman to give me and my mum instructions concerning this medical check I had to go through.

- Chose to do the X-ray first, because it was least scary. Actually, the least scary one was the ENT (ear nose and throat) check up, but the X-ray queue was relatively short. 

- Next was the electrocardiagram (ECG for short) thingy. Heart beat was urm... recorded on a piece of pink-ish graph paper. The woman gave me the paper and told me to leave. I'm no doctor though, so I had pretty much zero idea what to do with it. Apparently some doctor will have to examine the graph and tell me if my heart is healthy or not. But that's another story.

- The Ear, Nose and Throat department was on the third floor of some building connected to the main building by a bridge. Hospital lifts are creepy, man. A doctor jammed some... thing into my ear and signed my sheet of paper.

- The Lab was the worse. Kind looking woman drew two bottles of my blood. The needle didn't hurt much, but I felt a bit weird watching my blood gush into a bottle like a fountain.

- Next stop: National TB centre. Or something like that. The building was painted a strange shade of orange all over, even the interior. Another woman did the Mantoux test on me and injected my poor left arm with (according to Wikipedia) PPD tuberculin. They told me not to scratch it if it got itchy, because itchiness and redness is a good sign and come back on Saturday.

- The last test that day was simple. I was wondering whether they were going to jab needles into my gums, since they've done that to my arm already. But all the doctor did was check my teeth and I was free to go.

All right, I have to go. Stomach's rumbling and The Simpsons is on soon.

No comments: