Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Amplifiers FTW.

Sitting in my living room now with the television on and my book review on The Giver less than halfway done.

Mmm, music goood


(Nine hours later) (seriously. I never got down to write more before I left)

I'm still sitting in my living room with the television on, and I'm trying to chop up and reduce my word count for the review. 150 words maximum is not good. It's too short. I mean, all you can manage to fit in there is something along the lines of "This book is great, because blah blah blah then it does this to your brain and something like that" and there you have it, book review for handing in. 

Word limit sucks. Can't write as much as I would like to. (And that's because I craptalk a lot.)

Of course, I haven't been sitting here for nine whole hours. 

Between then and now, I...

- Realised that the word limit was 150 words max, and then wished I could just say "screw this" and walk away from it all. 

- Gave up trying to decide the two other books I would use for the English thing. 

- Annoyed the little brother with my electric, amplifier and turned up volume on my music player while he was trying to watch Ultraman on YouTube. Ah, such fun.

- Went for a haircut. Not much difference, but that's how it is. 

- Met Sharlyn and Stella at Excapade for dinner. We order the same thing every time we go, but the realisation doesn't really stop us 'cause we like to play safe. Though we did order some weird pizza sushi thing 'cause Shar and I were feeling "adventurous". 

- Received a call from Wardah while we were eating. I couldn't really hear what she was talking about, but I think it had something to do with the date being 09-09-09 today. (Long story short, they gave me some "deadline" and told me that I had to get a boyfriend by then or something like that. Hmm, whatever.) Almost ran out of credit so I had to end the call early. Sorry, guys. 

- Received another call, this time from my dad, telling me he wasn't going to come back to fetch me and that I could take the purple bus if I wasn't going back earlier. So that ended dinner with them. I think I owe them desert at Swensens next time. Hopefully with Manda. And Ash, if she coincidentally visits when I do. 

- Got back home and managed to cut a hundred words from my review. A hundred more to go. This really does suck. 

I hate homework. I really do. Despise it to its very core.

But it's not like we have a choice. 

So, you know, just got to have to put up with it till they finally realise it's bad for the health and general well-being of all people. 

And you know what? 

I've decided to rewrite it. Wish me luck.

Adieu.

No comments: