Thursday, September 03, 2009

Balik kampung.

I'm not really sure whether to write about how it's September already (and how it's time for all those lame 'Wake Me Up When September Ends' jokes) or that I'm going back tomorrow. 

The general reaction to the words "Hey, guess what? I'm going back tomorrow" here in the hostel is "I hate you."

Honestly, you wouldn't believe how many people have said that to me today. 
And honestly, I haven't found a better reason for people to hate me. Such a great feeling. 

Though I feel as if I don't really have anything to bring back. Throw in a few articles of clothing, books, a cheap toy for my brother (don't tell him that, he breaks things pretty fast so the smartest thing to do was to get cheap but awesome-looking stuff), and I'm pretty much done. 

I guess I'll tidy up tomorrow then. 

Malay was just plain weird today. Did a presentation on a newspaper article we chose yesterday about a poor unfortunate dude who died in a toilet (condolences) during a fire. Made up some random things along the way 'cause my handwriting was terrible and nobody could read a thing and we wasted too much time arguing over things such as what was the right word to use, et cetera et cetera. 

Ended up with Aisyah being the news reporter, me being the police person who gets interviewed, Yos pretending to whack Kevin on the head with a fire extinguisher and setting the place on fire, and Kevin eventually dying a painful death (or something like that). 

The other group did this weird but strangely funny presentation on terrorists named Bob bin Laden and an Iraqi dude killing an American. Don't really know, but it was pretty funny. (The kind of funny where you're thinking, "Hold on a minute, this doesn't make any sense/WTH?" but laugh anyway.)

Then we wasted time in one of the computer labs looking up pictures of David Marshall's eyebrows (have you seen them? They're epic) and Ho Chi Minh's goatee (politicians need to look good, too). 


It's late, so I'm going to hit the hay soon. 

P.S. Don't wake me up when September ends, I've got a flight to catch tomorrow. I can't afford to miss that.

P.P.S. And yes, I do use 'Wake Me Up When September Ends' jokes sometimes. Just can't resist. Green Day rocks. 

P.P.P.S. A Year In The Merde has got to be one of the funniest books I've ever read. Awesome.

No comments: