Friday, September 04, 2009

High on Pokka.

What's up, blogosphere?

I'm taking the opportunity to blog now 'cause I won't be able to tonight. 

Also, Rania wanted me to mention that I'm under her orders to update as often as I can this week (I'll try). 

Sports Day was held this morning at the track. 

Full sentences aren't really working out for me right now. This calls for point form.

- Sat with Rania in the Fibo section of the grandstand. Thought it was going to turn out really boring, but thank God there were Kelvin and Yos to talk crap with and Ms Li to laugh at (whom Rania and I now call "the drunkard").

- Kelvin finally managed to finish reading the copy of 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' I lent him. I think if you started reading the original after the completely absurd version with zombies, ninjas and katanas, you'd think it was terribly dull. 

- Started to rain after a few events, and they tried to dry up the track with sheets of newspaper.
- Took a picture 'cause this isn't a sight you're able to see every day. (Building on top left hand corner is the hostel, by the way.)

- Events resumed on a damp track 'cause the newspaper thing failed. 

- Realised I was surrounded by Indonesians (Rania, Kelvin, Yos). Not a racist comment.

- Ms Li came over holding her can of Pokka (which I think is secretly filled with an alcoholic beverage of some sort) and being all high and enthusiastic. Honestly, Pokka energy drinks have this weird effect on her brain. It was funny though.

- Had prize presentations in the Hall. Tried hard not to laugh at MJ and Cheryl, who were helping out with the prize-giving on stage. Rania was like, "Look at MJ, she looks so extra," and "Bet Cheryl is trying hard not to laugh right now". One word: eyebrows.

- I guess with talking about Sports Day it has to eventually end up with the results. Fibonacci got last and Faraday won. Congratulations to everyone who won things. 


Anyway, got to go shower now. Reaching tanah air in less than eight hours.

See ya in Brunei.

No comments: