Saturday, September 05, 2009

F1 politics suck.

Oh my gee. 

I need a moment for my brain to absorb, comprehend and accept some things. 

First shocking thing: Ferrari have signed Fisichella to race for them in place of Massa for the rest of the season. 

Which means Massa won't be coming back till next year, which means someone in the Massa-Raikkonen pairing has to be replaced soon (probably next year, or the year after), which means there are going to be a lot of changes next season. 

I can't believe it. 

I thought the entire "Fisi to Ferrari" thing was just a rumour. But it's real. Very real. As real as my arrival on tanah air past midnight early today. 

Heck. 

I'm in such shock. 

These things just shouldn't happen, man.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty okay with Fisichella, but I can't just come to terms with the fact that he's driving for Ferrari. I'm pretty sure he can do a much better job than Badoer, but... Just but. 

And about the second shocking thing? 

The FIA are investigating Piquet's crash during last year's Singapore Grand Prix. Some people are claiming it was rigged so as to bring out the safety car and letting Alonso win. 

I can't stand this anymore. Every year there's got to be something out there for severe investigation, and either involves Hamilton or Alonso. First the "spygate", then the "liegate" and now the "crashgate". 

F1 politics suck. 

If they find out the crashgate really happened, Renault could be disqualified from this year's championship and stripped of all points and victories last year. Something like that. 

How interesting. And sucky. 

F1 aside (though the shock still lingers), holiday plans are yet to be made. 

Going for a family gathering tomorrow, 'cause it's my late grandfather's (mum's side) death anniversary. 

Relatives, when they meet you after a long time, like to comment on your progress. I think I've managed to narrow it down to six of the most common comments I get:

1. "Oh my, have you gained weight? You look fatter this time 'round."
2. "You look thin. Have you had enough to eat there?"
3. "Oh my God, look at your face. I can recommend you something for those pimples."
4. "Wow, you've grown taller."
5. "It's okay to be short. I mean, look at your parents."
6. "You look more like your mother every day."

Yeah, that's how it is. 

All right, got to go now. 

'A Year In The Merde' awaits.

Adieu.

No comments: