Thursday, September 10, 2009

Seven Nation Army.

I would love to do a rap song for 'Dracula'. Is that allowed? 

If you know the answer, please let me know so I can go and borrow the book and start writing. 

Anyway, I went on a brief song-downloading spree this afternoon. Two by Chameleon Circuit, Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes and a few others. 

Sometimes I just want to lose myself in the 603 songs I have in my iTunes. Just lie there and listen to them all day without having to think about homework or anything like that. Hmm. The prospect seems nice, 'cept that I always fall asleep when I listen to music over a long time. Like a lullaby with heavy bass lines, distorted power chords and drum sets.


Homework should be illegal. It's almost as bad as drug abuse. At least drugs make you feel good for a while (I am not encouraging drug abuse, by the way). 

5 reasons why homework sucks:

1. It's depressing. Face it. Nobody in their right minds loves it. I'm sure teachers don't enjoy marking it either. Depression isn't healthy. Isn't it why some people are emo?

2. It takes up time we use for recreation, family bonding, or improving social skills. Being cooped up at home finishing off assignments just makes us all sad, lifeless, hermits.

3. It's frustrating. I think most of us would be okay with homework if it were easy and we could all finish it in five minutes. It sucks when you sit there and think and think but still have no idea how to solve the problem. In the end it just lowers your self-esteem and makes you feel dumb.

4. Constantly having to meet deadlines is stressful. It takes a toll on us. Let school be school and home be home. Especially during the holidays, when they go, "Oh look, you're bound to have loads of free time on your hands, so here's something extra to do...", and then every single subject teacher thinks the same thing and you're doomed.

5. It's a waste of resources. Come on, we need to think about the environment, man.


Look, I just don't want to have to reflect on my early years when I'm much older and go, "Back in my day, I had a lot of homework." That's just sad.

But then again, it all goes down to how we manage it. 


Still, that's no fun.

No comments: