Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Benzaldehyde.

Watching the HAARP DVD now (on VLC, 'cause DVD player was being completely unreasonable).

I don't really need to say it's awesome, because if it's a Muse concert it's kinda awesome by default, so saying HAARP is awesome is like saying my mum is a woman (do I get points for the Mr Chia reference?).

And I love the drumset Dom uses in HAARP. Looks brilliant. (Apparently he donated it to help Haiti though. Good guy.)

Speaking of Haiti, is Wyclef Jean really going to run for president? Oh God, now that would be interesting.


School today was bleh. Two hours of Chem (speaking of which, I think I'mma name my kid 'Benzaldehyde' just for the sake of it), an hour and a half of Math, and two hours of Malay.


Yeah, I still kinda like organic Chem, so not much advancement in that area.

Asymptote-ed during Math. Should I feel proud of being able to identify asymptotes? Is it sad that I feel a great sense of achievement in drawing dotted lines on graphs? I'm unsure.

Had this Malay writer (Patimah Jaludin) come into class today, and she talked about her writing (Wali, in particular) and how she gets her ideas and her thought process while writing. Somewhat.

Then did a horribly embarrassing skit afterwards. Acted out this scenario where these parents tell their daughter that she was conceived before their marriage (anak luar nikah) and hence according to Islam her dad isn't really her dad yang sah and so he couldn't be her wali.

I think the story's a pretty good read, actually.


Oh, we had the most productive study time in months today. Like, seriously.

You want to know why? 'Cause Wee Thean, Insan and KT weren't there (this totally proves that they're our sources of unproductivity).


Okay, gotta go now. Time for Sherlock Holmes, baby.

Adieu.

No comments: