Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Der Untergang

Currently watching 'Der Untergang', or 'The Downfall', but it's taking forever to end (either that, or it's because YouTube is having some connection problems right now).

Just reached the bit after Hitler kills himself and everyone's arguing with everyone else about what to do with the war. It's sorta depressing (actually, extremely depressing), but all the stuff I've read/watched about WWII kinda makes me feel the same way.

It's like, you know these things have happened, people have died (and still are, by the way) and lived in such horrible conditions under constant fear and dread and other confused and unstable emotions but it all just seems so unreal. As if it was just made up and all. I wish it was but it isn't and that sucks.

I'm not going to say stuff like "we should be grateful we didn't have to go through war and are living comfortably and peacefully at the moment", because it's ridiculous. Last I checked, the world was still a pretty messed up place. It's saddening how much we don't know, but it's even more saddening when we do know.

Okay, disturbed moment over.


Did some practical during Physics today. Retarded as he may seem, Yos is like, super efficient. I'm cool with that 'cause I got to copy off him. And talk about potatoes. He's obsessed with potatoes.

Malay was still about crossword puzzles (ridiculously difficult crossword puzzles). Either that, or Aisyah and I have an extremely limited Malay vocabulary.

Sex ed was funny. I kid you not. Shuen and Joshua's skit thing was awesome, and they totally saved me from having to do it with Ryan (I think Mr Yeo's holding this grudge against me ever since I told him that bassists don't get chicks. Actually they do, but not quite as often).

And how to say "no" to having pre-marital sex? Reverse psychology. "Let's do it!"

I think they're trying to brainwash us into "abstinence for life", but I'm not quite sure.

Also, I think some people are going to become extremely paranoid about AIDS. I mean, if anyone could have HIV, and doing it just once gives you HIV and that you need to wait six months to get your blood tested in which anything could happen, then wait another six months to get another blood test in case something happened in that time period, then why not not have sex, like, ever?

I mean, that seems like the easy way out of all of this.

But yeah, it's ridiculous.


And yeah, I seriously enjoy Bio.



Adieu.


P.S. I lost my Chem notes on IMF. Where are my Chem notes on IMF? I don't know.


No comments: