Thursday, July 29, 2010

Naphthalene.

Developments, developments, developments.

Nope, none thus far.

I mean, there have been developments, but those are negligible. Every single part of everything is constantly developing; growing older, maturing, advancing, lying there and rotting, you name it. It's just that it's not significant enough over a period of twenty-four hours.


Listening to this Boyce Avenue cover of Michael Bublé's 'Home' right now. It's a great cover, well arranged, well played, mellow and full of heart. It's just that Alejandro Manzano's voice won't ever top Michael Bublé's.

Love the lyrics of this song. So beautifully written.


Had an hour of Math first thing in the morning. Wasn't too bad, 'cause I seem to be able to understand what Mr Chia says (hopefully).

And what's the aftermath? Geog. 'Cause Geog always comes after Math. (Yeah, lame joke courtesy of Yos.)

Basically sat around for Geog. Stanley suggested to use the 1960 Valdivia earthquake for our research thing so yeah, that's what we're doing. To be honest with you, I think two pages is very, very little for a report on one of the greatest earthquakes ever recorded. I mean, you could basically fit in a map of Chile, diagrams of tectonic plate movements and the process of subduction, a picture of the damage done and there you go, a page used up.

Physics was all right. Did gravitation. Loads of weird theories. Weird theories about Chee Seng in space. Weird theories about Earth colliding with larger masses. Weird theories about booms and guy wires.

Watched that Spaghetti hoax thing BCC did many years back during English. I love how they made is so corny yet so believable. I really wish spaghetti trees did exist.


Finished Chem worksheet 3 during study time, thanks to the help of Kelvin. Has anyone realised that benzene ring skeleton structures look a lot like nuts? So very cute.


Okay, gotta go now.

221B Baker Street here I come.

Adieu.


P.S. Naphthalene. That's a great name.

P.P.S. I wonder if my kids (in the future) will hate me for considering naming them after organic compounds.

P.P.P.S. I wonder if my mum ever considered naming me after an organic compound. Hmm.


No comments: