Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Listening to 'Layla' (unplugged) right now, 'cause I went to a HMV today and got myself a pair of Panasonic earphones (Kelvin so owes me half a pair of earphones, long story) and 'Complete Eric Clapton', which is cool.

My dad's birthday is next week, and so thinking of him I kinda bought Eric Clapton on impulse.


Hung around Somerset313 a bit waiting for the fifth floor people to end their cluster outing to Shangri-La (yes, I'm envious. Was supposed to go last sem but had Open House to deal with so I totally missed that opportunity).

Met Yos on the way to HMV, by some weird coincidence.


Then met up with Woan Chyi and Fatinn. Said hi to Ly En and Ivanka for a bit and then walked around Cineleisure and the building next to it of which the name I can't quite recall right now.

Somehow decided to watch 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice', so we did.

Thought it wasn't bad at all, actually. Some people think it'll be bad 'cause it's a Disney movie, but Disney makes good movies too, you know.

Sure, the story line was a bit clichéd, but what works, works, right? That's how things become clichéd in the first place.

But I loved the casting, and the entire movie had this fun not-so-heavy-but-kinda-at-the-same-time feeling about it.

So, yeah. I liked it. I think if you're looking for a movie to watch solely for its entertainment value and not whether it's a great, epic one that has high ratings, then go watch 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice'.


Okay, tired.

Night.


P.S. Qualifying results: Ferrari second grid. Not bad.

No comments: