Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Giant toilet paper roll.

Listening to 'Her Diamonds' by Rob Thomas right now. It's funny 'cause whenever I hear his voice I automatically think the song is by Matchbox Twenty but it's not.

Anyway, had our first Chem practical of the semester this morning in the Synthetic Chem lab (first time there, and I liked it 'cause it had air-conditioning and giant toilet paper rolls).

Organic Chem. Hmm. Basically did a bit of stuff with hydrocarbons. Added them to water, burnt them, and then added them to bromine.

Nothing really interesting happened (probably the most eventful thing aside from burning cyclohexene was spending ages drying test tubes with sheets of giant toilet paper).


Kinda forgot about the extra half hour of Math Mr Chia added to our timetable today. Thankfully wasn't late at all (technically we were all half an hour early).

Did like, Math stuff.

Then had two hours of Malay, which was kinda weird (but then again, Malay's always weird).

Did a practice listening compre, the Year 4s' crossword puzzles, and then imbuhan-ed a whole bunch of words.

I don't really know what to say about the real listening comprehension after that. Got to the room pretty early, and all six of us were made to sit down there and listen to the radio for like, half an hour before the thing actually started.

Turns out the Malay channel plays a whole load of English songs.

The last passage was the funniest, because one of the characters called 'Hadi' was voiced by a woman. Looks like there are plenty of other sexually confused people in Singapore too.


Study time was sort of productive, because Kelvin was nice enough to help Insan and I with Physics, and 'cause I sat further away from Wee Thean (the source of all study time un-productivity).

Come to think of it, I think I'd have flunked all my assignments if it wasn't for Kelvin.


Better go now. Found out that it feels good to sleep early.

Night.


P.S. Time, I need more time.

No comments: