Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hockenheim 2010

I'm in a good good mood right now, and I better type this out right away before the moment fades away (which I doubt will).

So what's so brilliant? I'll tell you what's so brilliant.

Ferrari just placed a one-two for Hockenheim.

There you go, I've said it. One-two. Ferrari. One-two. Oh God, that's probably one of the nicest combinations of words I know. "Ferrari one-two."

We've been waiting so long, so very long for this moment, and now that it's finally happened there's this huge sense of pride and joy knowing you've maintained your faith in and stuck with the team all the way through thick and thin. And when the team achieves something you can't help but want to rub it in the face of people who've scoffed our decision to support Ferrari.

I don't go around telling people "your team sucks, Ferrari is so much better", so when people tell us "Ferrari sucks only idiots support Ferrari" I feel so horribly offended. We can support who we want to support. It's totally our right to do so.

But yes, Ferrari's one-two.

Alonso and Massa followed by Vettel, Hamilton, Button, Webber (notice how the top six are all Ferrari, Red Bull and McLaren?), Kubica, Rosberg, Schumi and Petrov to round off the top ten.

Kinda missed more than half of the race 'cause I went out to eat with Kelvin and Adithya, so I can't really talk about how the race went about.

All I know is that Massa was told Alonso was faster than he was, and so Massa let Alonso pass. That makes sense, but I'm not sure what people will think about it. "Controversial win", they're calling it now. Hmm. Perhaps Ferrari was trying to avoid a shunt between the teammates and then losing out completely *cough Red Bull cough* and maybe it seemed only fair to let the faster driver pass.

Massa's a reasonable guy; he'd understand. That's why I like him.

And yeah, I still miss Kimi. Off-track news is just boring without him. Nobody talks about eating ice cream in the paddock or dressing up in gorilla suits anymore. Sad.


Okay, gotta go now. Definitely not looking forward to volleyball tomorrow, but at least I'll be able to cheer myself up by going "Ferrari one-twoooo".


Adieu.


P.S. Finished 'A Study in Scarlet" last night. Loved it. So cleverly written.


No comments: