Friday, July 09, 2010

Despicable Me

Listening to Boyce Avenue's 'Best of Acoustic Sessions' right now.

I think people who can take certain 'loud' songs and make them sound equally good (or better) acoustic are really awesome.

In fact, I think sometimes it's harder to do things acoustic than have distortion, heavy bass lines and drumming cover up out-of-tune-ness. I don't really know how to put this.

I mean, I find it more difficult to sound "perfect" acoustic.

Yeah, I honestly have no idea how to put this into words.


Anyway, went out today with Insan, Kelvin and KT.

Struggled to get past the ridiculous turnstile we have for a while, but made it out.

Went to Cathay to get tickets for 'Despicable Me' before heading over to Farrer Park to meet up with Nazihah, Brendan and Wee Thean (it was funny 'cause Brendan and Zeh were waiting for us around the same area but had no idea they were waiting for the same people).

Had Indian (food) for lunch.

Then left Wee Thean and KT to return to Cathay and watch 'Despicable Me'.

Oh God, 'Despicable Me'. Can totally sum it up in two words: DAMN CUTE.

The characters are lovable, the plot is kinda sweet, and it's horribly funny and the minions are adorable as hell. I kid you not. Those yellow things have got to be the cutest minions in the entire history of villainy.

Here's like, a short trailer on said cute minions.

And we think they look a lot like Wan Shen, what with the baldness and the goggles. So now we call 'em 'mini Wan Shens'.

Okay, I'm going to brainwash people into watching it. Hence another trailer.


Cluster outing was okay. Dinner at Shokudo.

Okay, tired now.

Night.



P.S. Personally, I think guys who can sing well and play some musical instrument at the same time are kinda like chick-magnets. Musicians are cool, okay?

P.P.S. Ah yellow minion things. I need one of those.

No comments: