Monday, July 05, 2010

چاوي

Just got back from karaoke-ing with ex-8A. Ah, good times, good times.

And now my voice is sounds kinda strained but that's okay.

Nothing Strepsils can't solve.


Oh, and I just realised I could do this: .توليس ڤعس ين دالام توليسن جاوي

I think I made like, a billion spelling mistakes in there. But thankfully I haven't totally forgotten about Jawi. And come to think of it, it's kinda cool. It's like some secret code language. Maybe those hours spent learning how to read and spell in Primary school paid off after all.

Anyway, the reason why I'm toying with Malay stuff is 'cause I've got Malay orals tomorrow (which I'm pretty sure I'll screw up, but that's another story) and I need to get my brain wired into thinking in Malay so I won't fail.

It's actually not easy to speak in Malay. My vocabulary just isn't good enough to let me convey the message I want to get across.

For example, if I wanted to say something like, "I admire referees because they have total control over the way gameplay is carried out", I'd do something like, "Saya sangat... uhm... Saya berasa bahawa... *how on earth do you say "referee"? Oh God help me* pengadil itu sangat mengagumkan kerana dia boleh ummm.... menetapkan... cara um... sesuatu perlawanan itu uhm... dijalankan."

Oh yeah, God please help me.


Went out for lunch with Kelvin and Wee Thean. Then hung around a bit around Clementi (Kelvin was looking for a HDMI cable).


Okay, gotta go now. School tomorrow and I don't want to GG.

Adieu.



P.S. Huge thanks to Fazrul for "pengadil".


No comments: