Thursday, August 26, 2010

Gerard Butler.

So, what did I do today?


That's what I did today.

Three hours of free time, extreme joblessness and conveniently forgetting about homework for a while add up to Gerard Butler as the Phantom.

Okay, now that I'm done with my first portrait ever, I can say that I've finally dared to draw people. It would be so cool if I had charcoal pencils to do this with.


Anyway, that Geog test finally happened today, after Math (haha, aftermath).

Wasn't as GG as expected. Passable, but I had absolutely no idea what I was writing about, so passing would be nice.

Wondering where to go for that Geog monograph thing we're supposed to do. Is two extra marks worth the rush? Unsure, unsure.


I have to admit, I wasn't really paying attention during Physics. Mind kept drifting off to other things, so I'm going to GG sometime in the near future.

Read articles during English. It's not really the education system that's making children miserable; it's the way their parents push them towards better results.

I don't think it's reasonable to base the outcome of someone's life solely on some exam they took when they were twelve. It's ridiculous. People with good PSLE results won't necessarily be the smarter of the lot. Maybe they've been trained for this exam all their lives, by overly competitive goal-oriented parents who think of nothing but good grades. I don't know.

Sure, securing a secure future is a good thing, but is it really worth it?

If I ever have kids, I'm going to make sure they'll never look back and wish they had a better childhood (you know, one without constant revision and tuition classes and drilling drilling drilling). Kids with horribly strict childhoods probably grow up into sad, lifeless, robotic adults. I'm just sayin'.

My kids are going to have fun. They're going to know fun. I swear it.


All right. Off to be more productive now.

Arrivederci.


P.S. So vapour pressure doesn't change with surface area. Thank you, Google.


No comments: