Sunday, August 29, 2010

Spa-Francorchamps 2010.

Something's been on my mind lately, and best get it off here so my mum can see it.

Here goes: Should I get a second cartilage piercing? Same ear, of course.

When I got my first one last year, I was planning to get one for every year I stayed in Singapore, so that would make it five in total. You see, I think it's kinda uncool to have only one piercing. It's just not as badass. I mean, yeah, it's cool, but it doesn't really look as good when you have a single ring around your ear cartilage compared to, let's say, three.

So should I?

I know I shouldn't care about what other people would think about it, but sometimes I have this feeling some people think I do it just for the sake of "rebellion" or something.

Just so you know, yes, I do care about society. Yes, I do abide by the rules. Yes, I am generally a nice person.

I think I just need people to tell me it's okay to do it.


Anyway, doubts and insecurities aside, I am completely in love with the ring I'm using now. I can't seem to be able to use real rings (this one is kind of like a half ring with a straight bit that goes through my ear) 'cause the piercing I have was done pretty badly (yeah, I admit).


Summer break's finally over for this F1 season, so we got back on track at Spa today. Oh Spa. Brings back so many memories of Kimi Raikkonen (it was one of his favourite circuits, and knowing he won't come back to F1 just makes it hurt even more).

Sometimes I have half a mind to follow WRC too, but I disappoint myself 'cause I'm just not bothered enough. I should start, huh?

But I digress.

Rain at the first turn made things really hard, 'cause quite a few drivers pitted to change to intermediates and came out realising the rain had stopped (Alonso included. Poor guy had a shunt with Barichello, wasn't his fault, and then crashed out when the rain came back later on in the race).

I'mma go straight to the point here: Hamilton went on to win the race ahead of Webber and Kubica (great race there by Renault), Button had to retire, and now Hamilton's three points ahead of Webber in the driver's championship standings and McLaren's a point ahead of Red Bull.

Tight, very tight. Ferrari still have a chance, and as long as the team still has hope so do I. Our car's not so bad at the moment, we're just awfully unlucky.


Sports Day tomorrow. I'm glad 'cause there's no class.

Forza Ferrari.



P.S. I think some people with multiple piercings have no taste when it comes to ear rings or studs. They tend to verge on appearing seriously grotesque.

No comments: