Friday, August 06, 2010

Inception.

Watching a bunch of music videos on YouTube right now, 'cause as I've probably mentioned before, I really like to watch guys sing (it's a strange thing I do, please don't mind me).

Is it possible to fall in love with a band all over again? 'Cause I think I just did.

Saw this video right here (MCR's 'I'm Not Okay') and I realised that heck, I've missed being completely crazy over MCR.

Hey, I was thirteen once (man, you really do start to define yourself when you're thirteen. Trust me, I've been there).

When I was thirteen, I realised something: I wanted life to take me places. I just kinda wanted to not stay by the sidelines all my life. I wanted to do something with my time here, you know. Something worth being remembered for, something people would look up to me for. Or that I would be able to make a living doing something I enjoyed (personally, I dislike office jobs very, very much). Or both.

Yeah, when you dream, you gotta dream big. Naïve, younger self didn't know that it's not easy to have life simply bring you where you want to go. It kinda blows when you realise you're not just good enough at anything to accomplish what you want to accomplish in life, but somewhere down there, deep inside of me, there's a teeny fragment of myself that still hopes hard, that one day, I'll make the impact I want to make on the world.



Anyway, speaking of dreaming, we (Woan Chyi, Syaf, Kelvin, Wee Thean and I) went out to watch 'Inception' at Vivo after our National Day celebration (was on duty, and ran out of battery halfway through so I've got this ten minute gap in my footage).

And man, it was good. It's so good, I'll say it again: 'Inception' is so good.

Honestly speaking, it was probably one of the awesomest movies I've seen this year. It's not one of those movies where you can just sit back and watch, but it's one of those that flow with an amazing pace and have you hooked right from the beginning till the end.

I loved 'Inception' because it makes you think. It makes you think and it makes you question, and it's all so well performed and directed you kinda step out of the movie all dazed and then don't stop thinking about it for hours or so later on.

Mum, if you're reading this, go watch it with dad, it's brilliant. Totally worth two and a half hours. And don't bring your son.


All right, gotta go now.

Night.


P.S. Long weekend. Whee.


No comments: