Friday, August 13, 2010

RedTwoAdePlus

Listening to Adam Lambert right now. Mm.

I kinda like it that he sings quite a number of genres, but I don't like it that he doesn't write his own songs. I mean, he can "Adam Lambert-ify" songs people write for him, but we still don't know what kind of music goes on in his mind.

One of the reasons why I prefer bands to solo artists is that they tend to write their own material and have their own sound (which turns out to be a good thing for me if I find it to my liking).


Can't believe it's Friday already. Three days of school and boomz, it's a weekend all over again.

I should be feeling glad 'cause I get to wake up considerably later again tomorrow (and hence get enough sleep), but somehow deep inside of me it kinda feels weird.

It's like school's such a huge part of our lives that when you take it away at odd intervals, we're all secretly lost inside (at least, that's what I think).


My iTunes is on shuffle right now (it often is. It's not easy to choose from roughly a thousand songs sometimes. And it's fun to rediscover songs when they get played) so I'm just typing out whatever comes to mind at the moment.

Cat Steven's 'Matthew and Son' reminds me of home, 'cause my dad used to sing it all the time. It was kinda like one of the few songs he can't forget how to play, so whenever he picked up a guitar he'd play it (another of those songs was 'Wonderful Tonight', if I remember correctly. My dad's repertoire is pretty limited, but I'm totally proud of him all the same).

It's fun that way.


Plenty of stuff happened today, definitely.

English was probably the epic-est 'cause of that commercial skit we had to present today.

Advertised sports drinks, mineral water, coffee, microwaveable pizza, weight loss chicken wings, weight loss drinks, the iKnife, PSLE tuition, headphones, and saliva.

Guest teacher who was there to give us marks probably came to a conclusion that 305 really likes drinks, is extremely weight-conscious, has a thing for Justin Bieber, and in general, is terribly, awfully, horribly lame.

Absolutely loved Joo Kee and Chee Seng's commercial(s) on some fictitious brand of mineral water. Oh the Justin Bieber references.

Oh man we're so lame. I love that we're lame.


All right, better go off now.

Sleep, or Sherlock Holmes? Hmm. Hard decision.


P.S. Joo Kee: *throws bottle across room* "Whoops, I dropped it."

No comments: