Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Love.

I'm sad.

I'm disappointed.

I'm incredibly unhappy.

I am most distressed.

I'm angry, even.

But there is no way I'm going to ignore this.

And here's why I'm so upset: "International Burn A Quran Day".

Apparently this Christian group in Florida have decided to commemorate 9/11 by burning copies of the Quran. Like, dude, how is that going to help with anything? What were they thinking?

I don't understand. Would it make them feel better about themselves? Would it make them look good? Would it settle all the world's problems? Would it clear up everything humanity has botched up over the past millennia?

This is so uncool.

This is totally going to send wrong messages and misconceptions firing across the globe (via the internet, of course). People are going to feel disgusted at Christians just because a certain few of them decided to come up with this unfathomably horrid idea, and all this ignorance concerning other religions is just really bad for health.

Maybe people are channeling all their anger and hatred wrongly. I don't know. It's ridiculous.

Whatever happened to "love thy neighbour as thyself"?

Well, this blows.


Signing off with this rough sketch of a swan (just in case you can't tell what it is).



Adieu.


P.S. I read that the aforementioned group is also extremely anti-homosexual. Kejahilan benar.

No comments: