Sunday, August 08, 2010

Straight but not narrow.

Making plans for tomorrow, but they're not really working out.

Seriously feel like going out alone and getting a beanie like Nazihah's (I absolutely adore Zeh's beanie; it looks awesome).

But I dunno, who knows, I don't.


Anyway, went out today with a bunch of the Bruneians (Emily, Wardah, Syaf, Fatinn, Nazihah, Yee Rou, Wan Shen, Insan, Nicholas and Faiz).

Had lunch, then watched 'Street Dance' at Marina Square. Thought it was quite good, 'cause I like dance ('cause I find it seriously cool). So, so much badassery.

Oh, and there was George Sampson and Diversity too, so yeah, pretty badass.


So, um, let's talk about something more significant in the world other than me going out to watch a movie.

I think same-sex marriage should be legal. Yeah, there you go, I'm out with it.

Honestly, I don't understand what's so wrong about it.
So two people of the same gender love each other and want to make the same lifetime commitments as straight couples because getting married is a huge leap forward into a relationship.
If you really loved someone, you would want to be with them until the end of your days, you want them to know that, and you'd want assurance that they feel the same way about you. What better way to do so than to get married? Like, really, why should we want to stop them? What good reason is there to prevent two people in love from getting married?


'Quoting from the Massachusetts case that paved the way for Judge Walker's ruling, he said: "Civil marriage is at once a deeply personal commitment to another human being and a highly public celebration of the ideals of mutuality, companionship, intimacy, fidelity, and family. Marriage fulfills yearnings for security, safe haven, and connection that express our common humanity. Civil marriage is an esteemed institution and the decision whether and whom to marry is among life's momentous acts of self-definition."'

-Excerpt from this CCN article, dated August 5th.

So, yeah. Bring forth any argument you'd like, because I'm standing my ground on this one.



No comments: