Saturday, January 08, 2011

Charcoal experimentation.

Went out earlier on after dinner with Fatinn and got myself some charcoal sticks to draw with, 'cause I've been wanting to try them out for a long time now.

I conclude that they're bloody hard to use and cause huge messes, but are able to make almost any crap sketch look good, as illustrated with this here hasty sketch of a tree.


I love drawing trees, they and I have an almost instant connection on paper. And it's probably the only thing I can draw without having to copy off other pictures. Man, that's sad.


Anyway, sort of lazed around all day. Watched the Shaytards vlog in the morning (along with various other YouTube videos), went to the music room with Fatinn in the afternoon, and spent my evening out at West Coast Plaza.

Saw videos of My Chemical Romance live in LA, and totally fell in love with them again (which I do probably once a fortnight or something). Also, I saw this and I probably almost died of nostalgia. Ah, so much love.

I have to admit that my favourite MCR music videos are 'The Ghost Of You' and 'I'm Not Okay', because 'The Ghost Of You' is amazing in every way and 'I'm Not Okay' is so lovably awesome.


Better go off now, 'cause sleeping early is good for you, and I've got to wake up early tomorrow to meet other Bruneian people and do stuff.

Adieu.


P.S. Saw this book at Popular today, and it reminded me of the time I wanted to buy it a few weeks ago in Malaysia. I flipped it over, realised the only review there was by Stephenie Meyer, and put it back. Is that discrimination?

No comments: