Sunday, January 09, 2011

Paper planes.

Yay, first real Monday of the year tomorrow. Isn't that great.

Woke up relatively early today, and now I'm exhausted. Partly because my ear hurts and partly because it honestly has been a long day.

So we woke up, had some Bruneian thing (remind me to edit and post the vlog on Facebook soon or it'll be way overdue and wouldn't bother anymore), where we sat at a long meeting table and slid bottles and threw paper planes at each other. Fun.

Then went off to Somerset313 to buy Nazihah's belated birthday present. Got myself 'The Black Parade Is Dead', which I've been wanting for ages and is finally on sale and got the Bruce Springsteen album my dad suddenly and randomly asked me to buy.

Faced a huge dilemma afterwards, so I solved it by getting my ear pierced again. Two holes this time, to make up for the one that closed a few months ago.

It hurts more than I remember, but I've gotten over it once so there's no reason why I can't do it again.

Pain is more mental than physical, I think. You just have to occupy yourself and it goes away.

And besides, I totally asked for it. In fact, I even paid for it. So there's not much point in complaining.

But yeah, I am now totally psyched and no longer look at other people's pierced ears with ridiculous longing mixed with envy.

This is the kind of pain that makes you feel good about yourself. It's like, yeah, if you can do it, why can't I? And now that I've done it (again), it just proves my point. Self-esteem just shot up big time.


I better sleep now, or tomorrow will be hell.

Adieu.


P.S. Watched 'Up In The Air' with the guys in the TV room. First half was great, second half got a bit draggy. Stupid woman, cheating George Clooney's feelings.


No comments: