Saturday, January 01, 2011

When a Man Loves a Woman

Listening to 'When a Man Loves a Woman' off YouTube right now, trying to decide which version to download.

Heard it in a restaurant during dinner and haven't been able to get it out of my head ever since. I have to admit, Michael Bolton's voice sounds way, way, sexier than Percy Sledge's, even though Percy Sledge is the original writer.

Good stuff, good stuff.

First day of 2011 today, and there hasn't been much difference. No magical findings, no weird prophecies, no Hogwarts admission letter, nothin'. Oh well.

But yeah, as every year has been since I started schooling, the coming of a new year also represents the coming of a new school year, which means returning to school and like, doing stuff again.

It's been fun to not do stuff for a while, and just laze around and eat and grow fat and gather dust and cobwebs, but it wouldn't be great to lose my purpose in life or anything like that.

The only way we can truly appreciate the holidays is to work hard during the non-holiday period (because I don't know what else to call them. Days are separated into three nowadays: weekdays, weekends, and holidays, where the day of the week doesn't matter). So I have to say I am quite looking forward to going back and settling into school routine again. It'll bring Chinese New Year around faster.


Resolutions, resolutions. Don't really have any for 2011, except maybe to not deteriorate in awesomeness. It's nice to not pressure yourself, but it sucks to become less awesome than you were previously.

But it's not like I'm not ambitious, I totally am, like, ambitious. Yeah, money, I'm totally going to have tonnes of that.

Hasta la vista.


P.S. The prospect of having a new roommate is making me anxious. But what happens, happens.

No comments: