Sunday, January 16, 2011

Purple with yellow stripes and a heart.

Is it sad that I spent most of my day voting and checking out the pics on this website?

Man, I think it's quite sad.

Also spent all morning trying to look for a suitable article to write about for our English current affairs portfolio thing. It's funny how every other interesting thing doesn't fit the school criteria, and you have to keep on searching. Which is hard because you kind of get sidetracked by the articles you find interesting which you won't be able to use.

I was really tempted to write a review about this article, since "RIP Justin Bieber" is trending. It seems as if celebrities people hate keep like, dying, or something. And then miraculously come back to life. How interesting.

But I didn't, and wrote about Haiti instead. Said some things about how we think things are over but they're actually not. I mean, we avert our attention from one catastrophe to another, and when we do that we forget about the former, and it's quite sad, really. Situations have not yet been resolved.

And at our current rate of helping other nations, how are we supposed to be able to keep up if this onslaught of natural disasters just goes on?

It'll take forever, man.


Watched 'My Name Is Khan' (well, half of it, but even that was pretty long) earlier on this afternoon with a few of the Bruneians. Shahrukh Khan is a great actor. I thought it was a brilliant movie (after all, it made a few of the girls cry).

I love the message it brings, too. It's like, there's no need to discriminate against religion or race. The battle is between people with warm, open hearts and those who are close-minded assholes.


Okay, going off now. Start of another week tomorrow.

Night.


P.S. I realise that if I set my alarm tone to a certain song, I'll become conditioned to dread hearing it. Therefore I'm going to start changing it every week or so.

No comments: