Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Frustration.

Having mixed feelings at the moment.

Really bad mixed feelings.

You see, our hostel has set up this new internet system, where we have new passwords and everything. It's much faster, but with two drawbacks: it somehow loads YouTube videos way slower, and it blocks many, many websites. Twitter included.

I don't know how I'll be able to survive without Twitter. That's why I switched back to the old system by plugging out my LAN cable (strangely enough, you only get rerouted to the new system if you use the LAN ports). Yeah, I'd give up relatively faster internet connection for my social networking any day.

I have to Tweet things. I mean, without Twitter, how else can I inform the world about seemingly insignificant things or thoughts that have occurred to me? I need a way to release pent-up thoughts, man.

And on top of all that, if I use the old internet system, I somehow can't sign into MSN.

I feel oppressed. We brought this up the other day over a game of Munchkins. Living here nowadays is like being in a prison. Tighter rules, stricter time restraints, harsher punishments, blocked websites, horrible boarding games, the inability to do anything the teeniest bit out of line. Oh the frustration. Whatever happened to our freedom?

It's oppression, man. I can't stand it. I want to able to access sites I've been accessing here for the past two years. I want to be able to leave my slippers outside my door for the sake of convenience. I want to be able to go back to my room before 1 pm (not that we've got the chance nowadays, what with the packed timetable and all). I want to have to not wait for people to let me in when the scanner at the front gate refuses to remember that I'd tapped out.

But I can't, because it's not allowed.

I'm just sad because I want Twitter and fast internet connection.


Okay, enough ranting for now.

Tired and there's PE tomorrow.


Night.


P.S. It's sad how we can't seem to able to live without the internet nowadays, isn't it?


No comments: