Saturday, August 29, 2009

Funneh.

Hello, blogosphere.

Let me share this advertising fail with you guys.
Saw that at a CD store in Vivo (which was playing MJ songs as a tribute 'cause it's his birthday today).

Hitched a ride with Cheryl to Nanyang Girls' High School for the Literature Seminar Ms Lau asked us to attend (wondered where the guys how the guys were going to go to the bathroom on the way there). 

Sat through around five presentations (lost count), three drama performances, an awesome set of tragic parodies and a workshop entitled "Who's Writing Now?"

I think if Cheryl weren't there to share lame jokes with, I'd have died of boredom ages ago. And I think if our MC dude wasn't so terribly funny, we'd have both died of boredom before the presentation we were all waiting for started. 

'Genius in Insanity and Insanity in Genius" was the most interesting presentation next to the one on the maid called Wati. 

Actually, I better write this in chronological order in case some of you have no idea what I'm talking about. 

First off, we watched three dramas (the Baby with the Bathwater one was the best). 

Then had free food.

Then went for this workshop thing with Cheryl and a few other NUSH people. Laughed our way through most of it. I wonder why hardly anyone else saw the funny side of things.

Then had free food again.

Then the presentations started. It was like CCA all over again, 'cause the people kept talking about wide shots and camera angles and when they close-up-ed to achieve the best effects et cetera et cetera. 

It's more fun when you do the actual shooting, actually (though I admit it's horrendously tedious). 

Since our super funny MC dude told us the tragic parodies by the RI guys involved cross-dressing, everyone kinda decided to watch that afterward. 

Man, that was funny beyond words. 

The Fates became a stereotypical bimbo, a black gangsta' dude and a schoolgirl (all guys, by the way), Macbeth got invaded by Teletubbies and I can't really remember the name of the last one.

People should make more parodies. 

Can't stand being serious all the time. Don't know how people do it. 

Went out to Vivo with Wardah, Fatinn and Nicholas afterwards. Wanted to watch a movie but it didn't really work out 'cause the movie timings were all off.

Really tired now, so remind me to post what I wrote during the workshop sometime tomorrow.

Adieu and night, all.


P.S. Happy birthday to Neko. Glad you liked your present, dude, and I honestly wish I could be back home to celebrate it with you. 

P.P.S. Nick was telling us this pickup line for Math geeks he learned. 

"You'll be sine squared theta and I'll be cosine squared theta. Then, together we can be one."

Funneh.

No comments: