Monday, January 28, 2008

Eyeballs~!!

My hands still smell of a mixture of soap and eyeball juice.

The dissection, you ask? Well....it was FUN! Hah! Yeah! Pure damn awesome. Haha. I like eyeballs. So squishy. 

So we went down to the lab after English, some of us carrying plastic bags as far away from ourselves as possible.
Then we entered. The moment of "eyeball-y" truth had come.
Well, to tell you the truth, I made a visit to the toilet beforehand. And when I came back, everyone had left me and my grossly pink (it was the only one I could spare) bag of eyeballs outside. 
My teacher then proceeded to check everybody's eyeballs like an optician, only in a more gruesome way. She selected one and requested the class to come forward and watch her cut up some unfortunate cow's eyeball.

She started with snipping off all those lumpy fat and meaty bits (which made me repeat "I'm never eating beef again" over and over again) followed by poking a hole in the side and cutting it into hemispheres.
While we watched with either really disgusted or amused/interested looks on our faces, 'cher took out the lens, peeled out the iris, and followed it with more prodding and squeezing. 

Oh man, it so rocked. Since I had a nice pair of orbs (I'm trying to use a word other than "eyeball" here), I gave one to Nabil's group. So Syaz, Baoxin and Sil Suan made him pull one out of the plastic bag with a pair of scissors since he wouldn't touch it. 

Then Stephanie and I looked at Fazrul. He reached in bravely and pulled out...the winning lottery numbers! Oh no, sorry, salah info. Hold on, Jan's making me watch this video of two guys singing the Pokemon theme and abusing a stuffed Pikachu. Hilarious. Yes, Youtube is back on. Retarded videos all around!

*warning, squishy details comin' through*

When we cut it in half, all the juice came oozin' out. I thought I'd broken the vitreous humour (funny, you know, as in humour) for a second there. Lucky I didn't though, so we had the chance to see it slop out like egg yolk in the hands of a very inexperienced cook. Ah. Such joy. Then 'cher came over and showed us a chunk of cow (this is what I call beef, okay?) with the skin still on it and a socket for an eyeball. She pointed to the eyelashes and prodded her finger into the emptiness where an eyeball had once sat, giving the pleasure of sight to a cow. I doubt viewing the shiny, shiny knives of your butcher was very pleasant though. Sad.

I'm done with the eyeball part of my post, if you're starting to feel a bit sick right now.

The GCE O-level results came out this morning. With the A-levels too, I think. Either way, this left the Pra-Us hopping about with joy or sorrow, I do not know. Quite a few had whipped up their phones from their pockets and had started dialing numbers even when they were banned in school. Ah... What a sight to see. Congratulations to those satisfied with their results, and a "try harder next time" for those who weren't.

This reminds me of PMB results. If I don't want to be disappointed, I'd better start working. Heh. See yahs.

No comments: