Sunday, January 27, 2008

Prof. Snape sings! Hah!

After watching Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, my dad decided to use the emergency exit out. We ended up stuck on a patio/balcony on the second floor of the Seri Q-Lap mall, all thanks to a chain and padlock that held the doors in place. 

You see, the emergency doors led out, and there was another pair that led back into the building. There was a woman who saw me wave frantically, stopped and stared for a brief moment, then left. Talk about being helpful. 

So my dad made a phone call to a friend of his who so happened to coincidentally own MVision.
Within ten minutes, a guy came and opened one of one-way doors to let us back in. There's a lesson to be learnt here, folks, don't chain up doors in case of an emergency. Also, take the time to glance into the glass doors right opposite the large "Transformers" display just in case someone meets with the same fate we did. Thank you. 

Now on with the movie, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. I just love saying that.

"There was a barber and his wife, she was beautiful,
there was a movie on his life, and it was beautiful,
it was directed by Tim Burton, and it was beautiful,
I loved the movie so, for it was beautiful."

So bloody awesome. No, I am not using profanities, I am merely describing it as "bloody and awesome". XD

So British, it was. Johnny Depp was brilliant. Didn't know he could sing that well though. 
This movie was also the first time I had ever heard the guys who acted as Severus Snape and Nathaniel/Peter Pettigrew (Enchanted/Harry Potter) sing. Plus, that British-cum-Spanish guy looked an awful lot like Fernando Alonso... He made me nudge my dad over and over again to mouth, "Alonso!"
Overall, it was a terrible morbid and slightly funny movie with brilliant picture. 
I'm never going to look at meat pie the same way again. This is why I avoid mysterious meat at all costs.

While I'm on the topic of meat(even saying this word makes me want to puke, I'm serious), I've got cow eyeballs to dissect tomorrow. Oh man, I want to do it, but I do not want to throw up during Science. It's terribly disgusting. I'm really weak in the stomach area when it comes to these things. 
The snails we did in Form 1 were a thousand times better. Adorable. But eyeballs? I like eyeballs, but not the meat. Please, not the meat. Oh God. Nor the smell. I can't stand the smell of rotting or uncooked meat. AAARGH. Please, have mercy on my soul and temporarily disable my smell receptors tomorrow lest I vomit.  

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not being squeamish (maybe I am) about this. I'm actually looking forward to cutting up eyeballs. It's just that I'm very easily nauseated (doesn't that mean squeamish, in a way?).

No comments: