Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Nice.

By some near miracle, I've managed to reduce my stack of homework to that Malay thing I'll do tomorrow. Which I hope I can complete before the deadline (that's tomorrow). And this is a case when I say complete, I mean copy off somebody else who bothered to go to all the trouble and look up the answers. Heh. XD

School today saw no improvement whatsoever. 
Wanna know why? I'll tell you why.

It started off with all that stair-climbing to get to class, which didn't help my thirst after giving Neko some Commerce 'tuition-ing' in the bus, or rather, scribbling answers on for her in pencil during a bumpy bus ride. Upon entering said classroom, I noticed our electricity had been cut off again (CRAPZilla, man!). Then I joined a newly formed club at one side of the class dubbed by Zal as "Kelab Membuat Last Minute Homework". It's such a great place. Anyway, I took out my Geo workbook, scribbled down a few last-minute 'hantam-hantam' answers and then passed it to the others to be circulated amongst the group.

First subject of the day was none other than the infamous Geography, so when the teacher walked in, we hastily hid the remnants of our rushed homework under our desks. She then proceeded with the lesson, a phrase which here means criticising our silence and comparing us to her other so-much-better classes, teasing us about having the Aborigine men for boyfriends, telling us to wake up (what could we do? It had all the contributing sleep factors: heat, humidity, boring subject), making us answer questions which apparently had no truly correct answer, and finally giving us more notes (here where she called me 'overconfident' for not bringing my file. I hate that word. Sucks). At least she says my name right.

Next up was...MIB, where we discussed how His Majesty the Sultan could be so fit and we couldn't, which was followed Commerce.
Ah, Commerce. It was a simple lesson today, with some short question answering and free time after passing-up. 
IRK was funny; our new teacher talked about if the world was full of guys, it would be "semuanya gay". Hahaha... Brilliant. Oh the gayness. 
To top it all off, every girl (apart from those who were sick and didn't take part) in my class had a major discomfort in the thighs and back due to that sakit- I mean, circuit training we did yesterday. Ouch.

And last but not least...English class.

We moved to 3U for the air conditioners (it was empty) and then Ms Anne made us copy stuff on PMB English Paper 1. After that came the more interesting bit. She told us things we should and shouldn't do when writing a narrative. Among those listed:-

- Never begin a story with, "Everyone in the world has...." (This beginning apparently makes the English teachers scream with agony every time they see it)

- Never end a story with, "...I woke up and it was all a dream." (Teachers hate crappy storylines)

- Never use the word nice. (It's too commonly used)

- Never write "THE END" at the end of a story.

Hence, it prompted me to narrate this story on our way home in the bus (with the homework question she gave us, 'insert "Suddenly, everything went quiet," in your composition'):

"Everyone in the world has a brain. I have a brain too. With my brain, I can do all sorts of nice things. For example, one of the nice things I did with my nice brain was this...
I woke up one nice morning, sat up in my nice bed in my nice room. I knew it was going to be a nice day. Suddenly, I heard a nice sound. I recognised the nice music as the one from those nice ice cream trucks. 
So I hopped out of my nice bed, changed into my nice clothes, brushed my nice teeth and hair, and went out of my nice house. I walked along the nice pathway where the nice ice cream truck was waiting. The weather sure was nice.
Suddenly, everything went quiet. I looked up at the nice ice cream truck and called out to the nice ice cream man. 
"Hey, nice ice cream man! Nice day we have here. What happened to the nice music from your nice ice cream truck?" I called out.
"Nice day indeed," he replied. "I believe my nice truck's not so nice after all."
"Well, as long as it doesn't affect the nice ice cream," I said. "Ice cream isn't so nice once it melts."
I then handed the nice ice cream seller a few nice shiny coins given to me by my nice parents with my nice manicured hand. I purchased some nice chocolate ice cream. I waved the nice man in the nice ice cream truck goodbye and turned to walk back to my nice house along the nice path. I glanced at the nice sky to see it turning a nice shade of grey. It was going to rain. Rain poured rapidly, and as I rushed back to my nice house, trying not to get my nice shoes wet, I slipped and fell. Now that didn't feel very nice at all. 
I looked at my nice ice cream cone and noticed my nice scoop of ice cream I bought with my nice coins from the nice ice cream man had dropped onto the nice path. 
"Aaahh...!" I yelled. 
And then I woke up. It was all a dream.

THE END"

And before I got off the bus, I managed to say to Neko and Nazirul, "See you guys. Have a NICE day..!"

No comments: