Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My pendrive is alive!

Alvin and the Chipmunks. So squeaky! 

Neko lent me her Alvin and the Chipmunks soundtrack CD; it's all in my iTunes now. 

I feel good. Training was very...entertaining? But all the same, I feel good. That feeling that I'm exercised and tired, it's good.

I'm staying back tomorrow after school. No, I'm not out of my mind if that's what you're thinking (to me, any extra time in school is completely wack), it's Fizah/Faiza's birthday tomorrow. I'm not sure how her name is spelt, but I say "Fiza". Anyway, wrong spelling or not, it's her birthday and I haven't gotten her anything.
Naimah, who always gets us presents, said, "Oh crap," when I told her about that. I'm planning to get her something 'cause she's cool. She's my partner in filming the documentary on the "endangered species", book reading and wackiness. 

I was about to do my History essay when I decided to look for my beloved adorable pendrive, which I had lost last year. Since I couldn't find it two weeks ago (I turned my whole study inside-out) the day before Photo Editing club, I slacked with the effort. Surprisingly enough, my gaze caught a two bags full of miscellaneous scrap paper and magazines. Peering cautiously into the first one, my search was to no avail. But when I reached the second paper bag, something told me to give it a little shake to see if the bell attached to my pen-drive jingled. And it did. 
You don't know how happy I was. I just couldn't afford to lose something that cute and valuable.

I'm taking another kind of cough medicine now, and it tastes worse than the last. Argh. Just argh.

During English, I took out my Viking book (which I haven't finished in three weeks) to the Reading Room. Ms Anne asked me, "What book is that?"

So I let her read the summary at the back. Maybe she wasn't into Norse men killing each other in the eleventh century. "Is it good?"

"Yeah.." I answered, trying to think of  something more to say. "It's very well planned." 
Well, I couldn't say, "Yeah, it's a terribly good book. The series involves castrated men, criticism of Christianity, corruption, murder, vikings, and the main protagonist 'doing it' with the wife of the King of England," could I? 

Since we were such a good class today, we got to watch "Whale Rider" for half an hour. Why do I say we were good? It was 'cause all twenty-four of us sat down and read silently, including the boys. I'm so proud of you guys. *grabs tissue and blows nose* 
What? My nose is a bit runny now, okay? 

When I met Fatehah at the Menglait entrance by coincidence,  she asked me, "Do you have a cold?"

And I replied, "Do I? Oh yeah, it's been going on for weeks. Do I sound funny to you?"

"Yeah... A bit."

It seems that nothing has changed during my two week absence. Sir's still dishing out crazy punishments and orders (where he asked one boy to ask the ping-pong players to be quiet, and another to be coach for the night), the sparring scheme folks are still being strictly treated (lucky I'm not one of them), the kiddies are still cute, and the rest of that.
I was forced to stand in that particular corner again, the one where you have to say "Charyeot, kyungre" (spelling?) and then bow. 

It kinda sucks to be the only one from my batch. Guys, I want you back, you hear me? Ditch your black-belt authority and join the ranks of the brown twos! Muahaha.

No comments: