Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Principals and tears don't mix well.

I thought we could've skipped Geo today. But no, the principal had to go and make her last speech short. 

Our principal is leaving to do a course somewhere, and leaving us in the hands of (rumour says) a strict female principal from SMSAB. But it's only a rumour. Though the teachers themselves are spreading this one.
And she cried during her speech. Like Mr Jacob Chin during his last speech ever last year as principal of St Andrew's before he retired. I find it a tad disconcerting about these principals and their tear ducts. Why must they cry so? Why? Is it that they are leaving their once-in-a-lifetime chance of boasting about heading one of the best schools in Brunei? Or is it that they yearn our sympathy? A big question mark there. It's so much stress, I'd be glad to leave and take a break if I were them.
Maybe that could be my lack of EQ speaking. Who knows.

My dad made a deal with me over dinner. It was sort of like discussing a contract deal. But the terms are as follows, nice and simple:

If I get eight A1s for the next Topical Test, I'll get that phone I want. The Sony Ericsson K850i

Man, I'm such a sucker for camera phones. It's so sad. 
My mum though, she's now persuading me not to waste my dad's money. She's right, actually. Does this mean I won't have to get those 'A's? Loophole! Gotta love 'em. 

Also today, we have a new IRK teacher. He's cool, except he pronounced my name like 'cher Sofy (who's back in school now). She says it like this: "Ya win." Urgh.
I really don't like it when people can't pronounce my name. 

No comments: