Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Story in a story in a story.

The slow internet speed here is killing me. Or was it all the spamming we were doing on MSN just now? Hm.

Anyway, I'm here in the pantry, sitting at a table, on a chair, under a ceiling, in a building, on the ground, under the clouds in the sky, et cetera et cetera (here meaning make up your own crap and continue). 

We don't have school tomorrow. That's cool. They declared it an official school holiday 'cause our principal decided we deserve a treat from all our hard work in achieving a great many rewards for the school. (Please note that this does not include me whatsoever but I'll take it anyway.)

We had PE in class today. Not as fun. We all expected to play badminton.

Badminton good. 

I wanted to play.

But instead, we had some Olympics thing. 


I started reading 'Arabian Nights'/'A Thousand and One Nights" this afternoon during one of those super long breaks we have. I thought it consisted of many stories being told in a story, but it actually consisted of stories being told in stories being told in the main story being told in the book. 
Which is super confusing. I bet that by the time I'm halfway through the book, I'll have forgotten the very first story told.

God knows how the poor guy who translated the original text actually did it. If I were him, I'd have torn the manuscript up and torn my hair out in frustration and broken down into tears.

But if I were him and the me-him did that, we wouldn't have the English version of Arabian Nights as we do today. But then again, if I were him and I'd have given up translating, I'd actually have to know the story beforehand because I'd have read it but then again if it were so confusing I wouldn't have had to be able to read it and if I were him I'd be kinda dead by now so I wouldn't even be alive to type this and read the English version of Arabian Nights.

Hey, would you look at that. I don't seem to be making sense at all at this hour of the day.

I must bid thee good night before I drive you guys crazy with my nonsense.

Night.

No comments: